Features of Microsoft Power Point – Microsoft power point is a computer software for processing presentations for documents or works in the form of slides. This software is the output of Microsoft Corporation along with other Office packages. PowerPoint is done in slide pages, unlike Word in the form of pages and Excel in the form of spreadsheets. This PowerPoint slide show is available with various template designs in it that are useful for displaying data or documents.
There are other opinions regarding Microsoft Power Point, which is part of Microsoft Office. The most important function of Microsoft power point is a means of presentation. This function is very useful in the fields of education, economics, business and many more. Apart from being used for presentations, the function of Microsoft Power Point plays a very important role in protecting the environment. Paper production is minimal because many presentations rely solely on soft files. Power point is also known to make it very easy for its users to influence the audience during presentations. If you already know the functions of Microsoft Power Point, you also understand how to make presentations with PowerPoint. There are lots of mainstay features in power point that can shorten presentation making time.
Microsoft power point is the most widely used presentation application in Indonesia. The features of this application made by Microsoft are quite complete. Microsoft PowerPoint is a package with Microsoft Office. Its use is also quite easy without having to activate the internet. The advantage of Microsoft PowerPoint that can be obtained is that this PowerPoint application has a user-friendly interface and is easy for beginners to use. Each version of Power Point has additional features that are more complete.
In general, to make presentation materials using Ms. PowerPoint doesn’t take long. This can happen because PowerPoint has various features that can help us operate the application. There are 10 PowerPoint features that can make PPT interesting and useful for us. Power point is software used to design presentation material in the form of slides. With this application, it will be easier for someone to make presentations that are made in a simple, attractive and even professional manner which are used as learning material in class or in public.
Every application program that is made is of course created with a clear purpose, so is Power Point. This Power Point application has several functions that can be useful for us. Here’s the function:
- Power point can make it easier for users.
- PowerPoint can make it easier for users to organize the material to be delivered.
- Power point can make the audience better understand the presentation material being displayed. This can happen because the user displays the main points in the slide that is displayed.
- For media presentations, users can easily convey communication with slide media by writing or material in the form of writing, pictures, animation or video.
- Effective in sharing information and communicating to multiple users, in the sense that Power Point makes presentation files in softcopy form for many computer users to access.
- Arranging discussion material to the audience is easier with material slide shows and element support in the form of images, videos and animated material which will make understanding the discussion material easier.
- Supporting the implementation of business presentations, in this case the program will facilitate companies or businesses in communication media in the form of promotions, introductions and sales to clients.
- Supporting educational and learning activities, students and educators use presentation software to make teaching and learning materials and tools easily and in an organized manner.
- Power point can make the presentation of material more memorable and interesting. To make presentation materials more memorable and interesting, you can use animation or features in Power Point.
However, it is highly recommended for users to use animation in a way that is not excessive, so that the presentation continues to run well and the focus of the audience remains on the material, not on the animation provided.
Advantages of PowerPoint
The following are some of the advantages of powerpoint:
1. Make it easy for users to make presentation slides
One of the advantages that has the most impact on users is that with Power Point, users make it easier to make presentation slides. With this application, users can prepare simple, attractive and even professional presentations in a short period of time.
2. Has a variety of tools
Another thing that is obtained from using Power Point is that there are various kinds of tools that can make presentation slides more interesting. The existence of the features contained in Power Point can help us in inserting sound features, imported videos, photos and so on.
3. Has Collaboration Features
A busy routine often makes it difficult for someone to get things done at the right time and in the right conditions. Therefore, it is not uncommon for someone to continue their work using a different media (computer/laptop). We can use the collaboration feature in PowerPoint to edit presentation material simultaneously from different computers. That way our work will be much faster and easier.
4. Varied Power Point Templates.
Another thing that we get from using PowerPoint is that we can choose the template design we want. In this case, PowerPoint templates are useful for making presentations more attractive with varied backgrounds. This feature is one of 10 PowerPoint features that can make PPT attractive.
5. Can be imported into PDF Form.
In addition, PowerPoint has a feature that can be used to export files to PDF format. This feature can make it easier for us if we want to print presentation material files.
6. Has Very Advanced Authoring Features.
Another advantage you get from using Power Point is the existence of a very advanced Authoring feature. This feature is a solution that we can use to protect the documents we have from irresponsible parties, that is what is meant by the Authorization feature. In this case the user can mark or provide a password to encrypt the file that has been created.
7. Has a Cloud Service Feature.
The Cloud Service feature is used as the default for saving the file to local storage.
Power Point Features and Their Functions
Microsoft office PowerPoint is the most widely used presentation processing software for Indonesians. All of this is due to the ease of the program’s features and facilities in processing material in various fields.
1. File menu
The file menu in PowerPoint has a variety of main features.
- Open has a function to open a saved PowerPoint document file. The format that can be opened is various, PPT as the original PowerPoint file
- New, this feature has a function to create a new worksheet by opening a blank worksheet template in PowerPoint
- Recent functions to open files left over from previous work that the user has opened. With the Recent feature, users don’t bother looking for files in documents, because files that have been worked on before are available in the recent list
- Save & Save As, has a function to save document files that have been completed. There lies a difference between the two. Save is used to save old files that have been previously saved on the computer. Meanwhile, Save As functions to save a new document file or is being worked on
- Print functions to print document files and display files to output devices (screens) or physical files in the form of text or images.
2. Home menu
Is a menu bar that contains several commands or text settings as well as the display of a PowerPoint document worksheet. The home menu feature contains various commands and settings, including the following:
- Clipboard, a feature of copying and pasting objects that have been copied from files outside the Powerpoint program
- Slides, this feature will display slide page sections and powerpoint slide settings
- Font, the font feature functions to set the font in the choice of font type, size, character and other font settings
- Paragraph, functions to set paragraphs on the worksheet. Paragraphs will provide settings for equipment, paragraph columns, text alignment, and sections related to paragraphs
- Drawing, used to add shapes with lines or design shapes on the slide page.
Insert is a menu bar that functions to insert objects or media into the PowerPoint slide page. It also includes various features, namely:
- Table to add a table to the slide page
- Image to insert an image from a document or computer device into a powerpoint worksheet
- Illustration to illustrate illustration
- Link To connect page access in the form of links or actions
- Text to add text in the form of variations
- The symbols contain commands for creating formula equations, currency symbols, copyright and math
- Media to insert media in the form of audio video and screen recording
4. Menu Design
As the name of the feature suggests, the design menu will contain various settings regarding the slides page design.
- Page set up functions to set the page size and slide orientation in full screen or standard screen as well as custom size settings, portrait or landscape
- Themes contain design themes that can be applied and adapted to presentation slide backgrounds
- Background, namely the background format by changing the background according to user needs with various different themes. This feature provides background color and transparency facilities, besides that users can change solid fills, gradients, image fills, pattern fills and graphics.
5. Menu transitions
6. Animated menus
7. Slide shows
8. Reviews and views
Attractive PowerPoint Features
The various kinds of Power Point features that we can use to make learning activities more interesting are:
The slide size feature can help us choose the size that suits our goals. For example, if we want to make learning material for presentations, the slide size is automatically set to 16.9. Meanwhile, if our goal is to make slides in Power Point for social media posts, then choose a 1:1 ratio or a custom slide size of 38.1 x 38.1 cm.
After choosing a slide size, we will be met with other features that can help us in making learning materials, namely the layout feature. In power point, we can choose a layout design that suits the material to be presented. Apart from that, we can also make our own layout design by choosing a blank layout. On this occasion, we can be creative with the layout design that will be used.
3. Slide Masters
We can use the slide master feature to adjust the colors and fonts used in the material to be delivered, which can be the same from the first slide to the last slide.
4. Color Templates
The color template feature can make the learning material to be made more harmonious and attractive. If we want to choose a color template according to our wishes, choose the design menu (click the small arrow in the variants menu) then select color. We can also make custom colors if we want to choose our own.
5. Distribute Rows/Columns
In addition, there is a distribute row/column feature which is used to tidy up existing tables. On this occasion, if the learning material that we are going to convey is still not neat, then we can use this feature.
This feature will help us in making graphics and charts. With this feature, our work will be much more effective because PowerPoint already provides various diagrams and charts that we can use in learning. On this occasion we only have to choose diagrams and charts that are appropriate to the material to be taught.
In addition, Powerpoint also provides a theme feature that we can use for free. If we feel bored and want to use a different theme, then we can use a premium theme or use a free theme from the web that provides PowerPoint themes.
There are several occasions where in the presentation of material we will need photos or learning videos. We don’t need to worry, because Powerpoint already provides an insert feature, where the learning photos or videos that will be used can be inserted into the presentation material by hovering over the ‘insert’ menu.
This feature can help us convert text, images and even 3D shapes into an animation. However, this feature can be found in the Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 series and above. With this feature, the learning material that will be delivered can be more lively and interesting.
By using this feature, we can be assisted in finding mistakes in presentations, so that it is much easier for us to edit the material. In addition to mentioning the mistakes in the document that we make, this feature also prepares reasons why we have to fix the document. We can find this feature in the Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 series and above.
To make it easier to use Power Point, Sinaumed’s can read books and get the books available at www.sinaumedia.com . As #FriendsWithoutLimits we always try to give the best!