Definition of Content Creator – The magnitude of the development of the internet in Indonesia along with the addition of infrastructure in technology has made business people have the flexibility to choose a media and what format will be used in conveying the best message to their consumers.
One of the favorite formats for brand owners is endorsement via content creators. This is considered more effective because it can reach more people with the same interests as the target audience they want.
There are many brands that are interested in using content creator services to carry out promotions. Its own role in terms of creating interesting content about the product to be advertised. But not only that the content they create must also be creative and useful for their followers.
A content creator now doesn’t have to be a public figure or a well-known celebrity. However, those who become famous for their skills and creativity in creating content can already become content creators. Check out more details about this profession, following Sinaumed’s:
A. What is Content Creator?
Content Creators are tasked with creating content in the form of writing, images or videos that will be displayed on various popular media such as YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, and many more. Now content is not only limited to images and sound but also in the form of tutorials, vlogging, podcasting and so on.
Content creators are tasked with collecting ideas and data, then conducting research to create concepts that will be turned into content. After that, they will create content that matches the desired identity and branding in meeting the agreed objectives of the content.
The knowledge needed in this profession includes knowledge of media production, communication, and techniques and methods of its dissemination. Including alternatives to inform and entertain the audience through written, spoken, and visual media.
Knowledge of the techniques, tools, and design principles involved in producing precise technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models is required for this profession. In addition, a content creator is also required to multitask in various ways, ranging from soft skills to hard skills, has the ability to write attractive advertising language, can also collaborate, because a successful content creator does not stand alone.
They build networks with other content creators to create content that audiences can enjoy . As you can see on YouTube today, there are many content creators who create content together. They collaborate to increase the number of subscribers besides studying the success of each other’s content. This Professional Responsibilities include:
- Collect ideas, data, and conduct research and create concepts to produce content that is attractive to audiences
- Audience Research to find out the various needs of your audience . FYI, your creativity must continue to follow the pattern of audience needs, so understand your audience as best you can
- Customize content with the selected platform. In this case a content creator can produce works that are multi-platform
- Not only with the ability to write, create video content and even dubber. A content creator must understand things related to SEO, because through good SEO management your content will be easily found through the Google search engine and will greatly affect traffic.
- Re-evaluate every content that has been broadcast, and analyze what kind of content your audience needs and likes
- Try to always be updated with everything that is happening in your industry. For example, if you are a Content Creator in the food vlogging category, then make sure you follow the cafe or food trends that are trending at the time.
- Produce content that truly matches the desired identity and branding, as well as quality. As a content creator, you must be able to professionally create a variety of the highest quality content that you can provide to your audience
The requirements to become a content creator include a bachelor’s degree from the majoring in English, Journalism, Marketing or other related fields. Experience uploading content to various content management systems (Content Management Systems/CMS), such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Shopify, Wix, XSitePro, and others. Experience in creating strong and interesting content, as evidenced by the portfolio.
It would be great if you have work experience as a Content Creator/Content Writer. Good understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) practices. Demonstrates excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing. Excellent skills in research, organization and time management. Strong listening and communication skills. Capacity to work independently and collaboratively. Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy.
B. Content Creator Work Prospects
Broadly speaking, the task of a content creator is to create content that is liked by the audience so that the account continues to grow. To be liked by the audience, content must be useful or enjoyable to view or consume. Specifically for content creators for personal accounts, they usually choose a topic to develop their content. Of course, becoming a content creator is not instantaneous, you must have persistence and certain skills. Content creators work for themselves and can work from anywhere, whether from home, cafe, studio and others. The difference between one content creator and another lies in the type of content and media they use, here are some of them, as you describe, Sinaumed’s:
- The most basic thing before starting a YouTube career is determining the goals you actually want to achieve. Are the videos you make to entertain the audience (make sketches), provide cooking tips, beauty, build robots, or just for fun, do you want to share your daily vlog with the audience? It could also be that your main goal is to work fully as a professional YouTuber.
- Create content according to expertise. After determining the goal, the next step is to determine the content or video content. Content, of course, has a close relationship with the goals you have set and the skills you have mastered.
- After determining the strategy, now is the time for you to prepare the tools for war. Video quality is one of the important points that you should pay attention to because no matter how good the content of your video is, poor video quality won’t invite people to see it. To produce quality video, of course you need a good camera, lighting for promising visual quality, and a mic for clear audio quality.
- In the next stage, you need a laptop and the right program to enhance the video you recorded earlier. You can look for some program references for editing videos that you think are easy and comfortable to use.
- Branding, this stage is arguably the most difficult stage in your journey to become a successful YouTuber. After your videos have been successfully uploaded on the YouTube channel, you need to think about how to get more people to know and get to know your channel.
The way to have lots of followers on Instagram is easy, Sinaumed’s, first determine your Instagram theme (whether it’s about travel, food, tips, beauty fashion, choose one and be consistent with the theme), upload quality photos based on photography, don’t just do it. To get lots of likes in addition to good quality photos (composition, color, etc.), lastly, don’t forget to include captions that are interesting and informative or useful for others. Instagrammer’s duties include:
- Produce Instagram content (visuals and captions) that match the concept or branding of their account
- Uploading Instagram feed regularly
- Most professional Instagrammers also take and edit pictures or videos
- Promote their Instagram account
- Take responsibility for the content of their Instagram
The skills needed for this profession include the ability to think critically, use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approach to the problems being handled.
In addition, the ability to Persuasion or Persuading others to change their thoughts and behavior. Writing Ability Communicating effectively through writing that suits the needs of the audience Creative Ability to imagine and create original ideas, especially related to work that is artistic in nature.
3. Travel bloggers
Initially, the work of a travel blogger also started as a hobby of traveling which later turned into a travel blogger who earns, of course. For this work, a Travel Blogger must also maintain its existence so that it can continue to share travel stories in an updated manner.
You could say travel blogger is one of the most popular professions of many people. In addition to channeling the hobby of traveling, a travel blogger will also earn money or enjoy various travel facilities with free plane tickets and lodging. Fun is not it? With the increasing public need for information about traveling , making the profession of a travel blogger more promising.
C. Steps to Become a Successful Content Creator
Some of the duties of being a content creator include writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for websites, blogs, marketing materials, and other platforms prior to publication. Promote content on social networks and monitor the extent of engagement of followers (as seen from comments, likes and shares).
Conduct research and in-person interviews (if needed) to learn more about recent trends, developments, and perceptions of the subject matter, and contextualize the findings. Assist creative team with promotional material design. Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles.
Use social media to engage consumers, respond to questions or complaints, and promote company initiatives. Collaborate with internal departments to set product campaign goals, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems.
Monitor social media metrics and company website. Utilize SEO (Search Engine Optimization) methods to increase website/site traffic. Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines for content optimization. Suggest new ways/strategies to promote the company’s offerings and reach consumers.
Researching industry or business related topics developed by the company. Prepare well-structured drafts using digital word processing and publishing platforms. Create and distribute marketing copy for the purpose of advertising the company and its products. There are several ways you can do it to become a successful content creator, including:
- Choose Content According to Your Passion: The first thing you need to do is choose the type of content that suits your passion. Because, whatever you do with passion, the result will inspire many people.
- Create Original Work: If you are interested in entering this world, then the most important thing to do is to create original work. Be yourself when you work, and don’t plagiarize other people’s work.
- Always updated with the latest things: Always be updated with the latest news. By always following the latest news, the content you create will be more relevant and needed by the community.
- A reliable content creator must also be up to date about things that are happening around him. By knowing the topics that are currently being discussed, you might be able to find content ideas that are relevant to the theme of your channel. The method is very easy, you can read news portals, social media trends, and explore Google Trends.
- In creating content, of course, a content creator must produce original content. Original content is produced from the creativity of a content creator. To get content ideas, you can look for references to other creators’ content on the same platform or different platforms. If you find yourself having a hard time coming up with content ideas, worry not! Your creativity will be honed along with the amount of content you create.
Does Sinaumed’s understand the currently hyped profession among Millennials, namely Content Creator? If you haven’t yet, Sinaumed’s can buy and read the book “New Content Marketing” by Iwan Setiawan & Yosanova Savitry. This book is available in soft cover and eBook form. Sinaumed’s can purchase the book through sinaumedia.com.
sinaumedia will always be #Friends Without Limits by always providing quality and easily accessible books for all of you.
Also read articles related to “Content Creator” :
- Definition of Marketing Management
- Definition of Goods Market
- Banking Institution
- Definition of APBN
- Understanding the System and Types of Payment Instruments in Indonesia
- Get to know the Types and Forms of Business Entities in Indonesia
- Definition of Inflation: Causes, Types, Impact and Role of the Central Bank
1. Quickly Become a Youtuber and Content Creator
2. New Content Marketing
Source: from various sources