Asmaul Husna and Its Meaning – As a Muslim, Muslims need to know Asmaul Husna. Judging from the meaning of Asmaul Husna in this word, it means a beautiful and good name. Asmaul Husna is a name that describes the beauty and qualities of Allah SWT. The beautiful and good names of Allah SWT or Asmaul Husna can be found in the holy book of the Qur’an.
Then, are those the names of Allah SWT or Asmaul Husna? Sinaumed’s needs to know that the number of Asmaul Husna is 99. Actually there are many more good names for Allah SWT, but the most famous and popular are 99. As seen in the hadiths of Bukhari and Muslim:
“Allah has 99 names, and whoever understands them will enter paradise.” (HR Bukhari and Muslim)
This name represents not only beauty, but also its dignity and perfection with respect to Asmaul Husna, Allah Almighty says in the following verse of the Quran:
“There is no God but Allah. He is Allah who has Asmaul Husna (the best names).” (QS. Thaha verse 8).
Each Asmaul Husna has its own meaning and significance which is of course very good. If understood, these 99 names of Allah SWT have different virtues. For this reason, remembering and understanding the meaning of Asmaul Husna is one of the most important things for Muslims. If Sinaumed’s wants to memorize and understand Asmaul Husna, please see the list of 99 Asmaul Husna and their meanings below:
Get to know Asmaul Husna
Understanding Asmaul Husna is an important thing that all Muslims need to know, because they are included in monotheism so that they can realize and practice their full belief in God. Asmaul Husna’s works can be found in two types of monotheism, namely Tauhid al ylmial khabari and tauhid al I’tiqadi. This meaning refers to knowledge or experience and its source from God’s messages or revelations related to faith in the mind. This monotheism is the determination of the complete nature of Allah and the purification of His nature from caricatures.
The word Asmaul Husna comes from Arabic, namely Al Asma’u which means name and Al Husna which means a beautiful and fun party. In relation to Asmaul, Husna means the beautiful name of God. The origins of Asmaul Husna are told in the book Asbabun Nuzul. The book explains that what the Prophet who prayed in Mecca prayed for by saying,
“Ya Rahman, Ya Rahim,” became the prayer said by the Prophet at that time. According to the polytheists, he said, “He forbade us to worship the gods, but he mentioned it in prayer.” From this case comes the letter al Isra verse 110 which reads:
“Call on Allah or call on Ar-Rahman. With whatever name you call, He has Al Asmaaul Husna and don’t raise your voice in your prayers and don’t belittle it and find a middle way between the two. (QS Al-Isra: 110)
The revelation in the verses of Surah Al-Isra is a warning from Allah to polytheists who are looked down upon by the praying prophets. In the letter, Allah said that the Prophet called Rahman and Rahim to praise Allah’s power with beautiful and meaningful names. Then Allah sent another letter, QS Al-A`raf: 180. Written as:
“Only belongs to Allah Asmaul Husna, so ask Him by saying Asmaul Husna and leave those who deviate from the truth in His names. Later they will get a reward for what they have done “. (QS Al-A’raf: 180).
99 Asmaul Husna and its meaning
After knowing the part that mentions Asmaul Husna, then we as good Muslims are obliged to practice the goodness required by the Qur’an and the good meaning contained in Asmaul Husna. Asma means name or designation, Husna means good or beautiful. The name 99 means that the name belongs to Allah SWT, the Most Beautiful.
- Ar Rahman الرحمن = The Most Gracious
- Ar Rahim الرحيم = The Most Merciful
- Al Malik الملك = The Most Reigning or Mastering
- Al Quddus القدوس = The Most Holy
- As Salam السلام = The One Who Gives Prosperity
- Al Mu`min المؤمن = The Most Giver of Security
- Al Muhaymin المهيمن = The Most Regulating
- Al Aziz العزيز = The Almighty
- Al Jabbar الجبار = Who Has Absolute Valor
- Al Mutakabbir المتكبر = The Most Magnificent
- Al Khaliq الخالق = The Creator
- Al Bari البارئ = The Creator or Designer
- Al Musawwir المصور = The Creator of Forms
- Al Ghaffar الغفار = The Most Forgiving
- Al Qahhar القهار = The Most Compelling
- Al Wahhab الوهاب = The Most Merciful
- Ar Razzaq الرزاق = The Most Giver of Fortune
- Al Fattah الفتاح = The Most Opener of Mercy
- Al `Alim العليم = The All-Knowing
- Al Qabdah القابض = The Most Constricting
- Al Basith الباسط = The Most Expensive
- Al Haafidh الخافض = The Most Condescending
- Ar Raafi الرافع = The Most Exalted
- Al Muizz المعز = The Most Glorious
- Al Mudzil المذل = The Most Humiliating
- Al Samii السميع = The All Hearing
- Al Bashiir البصير = The All Seeing
- Al Hakam الحكم = The Most Determined
- Al `Adl العدل = The Most Just
- Al Lathiif اللطيف = The Most Gentle or Most Thorough.
- Al Khabiir الخبير = The Knower or Knower.
- Al Haliim الحليم = The Most Forbearing
- Al `Azhiim العظيم = The Most High
- Al Ghafuur الغفور = The Most Forgiving
- As Syakuur الشكور = The Most Avenger of Kindness
- Al `Aliy العلى = The Most High
- Al Kabiir الكبير = The Most Great
- Al Hafizh الحفيظ = The Most Preserver
- Al Muqiit المقيت = The One Who Gives Sufficiency
- Al Hasiib الحسيب = The One Who Makes Calculations
- Al Jaliil الجليل = The Most High
- Al Karim الكريم = The Most Gracious
- Ar Raqiib الرقيب = The Most Watchful
- Al Mujiib المجيب = The Most Answering
- Al Waasi الواسع = The Most Extensive
- Al Hakimim الحكيم = The Most Wise
- Al Waduud الودود = The Most Compassionate
- Al Majiid المجيد = The Most High
- Al Baa`its الباعث = The Most Awakening
- As Syahiid الشهيد = The Witness
- Al Haqq الحق = The Most True
- Al Wakiil الوكيل = The Most Preserver
- Al Qawiyyu القوى = The Most Powerful
- Al Matiin المتين = The Most Sturdy
- Al Waliyy الولى = The Most Protecting
- Al Hamiid الحميد = The Most Praised
- Al Muhshii المحصى = The Calculating One
- Al Mubdi المبدئ = The Originator
- Al Mu`iid المعيد = The One Who Restores Life
- Al Muhyii المحيى = The One Who Gives Life
- Al Mumiitu المميت = The Most Deadly
- Al Hayyu الحي = The Living One
- Al Qayyuum القيوم = The Most Independent
- Al Waajid الواجد = The Most Inventor
- Al Maajid الماجد = The Most High
- Al Wahid الواحد = The One and Only
- Al Ahad الاحد = The One and Only
- As Shamad الصمد = The Most Needed
- Al Qaadir القادر = The Most Determined
- Al Muqtadir المقتدر = The Almighty
- Al Muqaddim المقدم = The Most Prioritizing
- Al Mu`akkhir المؤخر = The Most Ending
- Al Awwal الأول = The Most Beginning
- Al Aakhir الأخر = The Last One
- Az Zhaahir الظاهر = The Most Real
- Al Baathin الباطن = The Most Unseen
- Al Waali الوالي = The Most Ruler
- Al Muta`aalii المتعالي = The Most High
- Al Barru البر = The Most Beneficent
- At Tawwaab التواب = The Most Recipient of Repentance
- Al Muntaqim المنتقم = The Most Merciful
- Al Afuww العفو = The Most Forgiving
- Ar Ra`uuf الرؤوف = The Most Compassionate
- Malikul Mulk مالك الملك = The Supreme Ruler of the Kingdom
- Dzul Jalali Wal Ikram ذو الجلال و الإكرام = The Supreme Owner of Greatness and Glory
- Al Muqsit المقسط = The Supreme Giver of Justice
- Al Jami` الجامع = The Most Collecting
- Al Ghani الغنى = The Most Rich
- Al Mughni المغنى = The Most Giver of Wealth
- Al Maani المانع = The Most Preventing
- Ad Dhaar الضار = The One Who Befalls Harm
- An Nafi النافع = The Most Beneficial
- An Nuur النور = The Most Radiant
- Al Hadi الهادي = The Most Guiding
- Al Badi’ البديع = The Creator
- Al Baaqii الباقي = The Everlasting One
- Al Waarits الوارث = The Most High Heir
- Ar Rasyiid الرشيد = The Most Clever
- As Shabuur الصبور = The Most Patient
So, that’s a list of 99 Asmaul Husna lists and their meanings that Sinaumed’s can memorize and understand their importance in worship. This means that the good names of Allah SWT are not only memorized, but also imitated in everyday life. In practice understanding and memorizing Asmaul Husna has wisdom and benefits in our lives. So, here are the wisdom and benefits of memorizing and understanding Asmaul Husna:
Wisdom and Benefits of Memorizing Asmaul Husna
As previously explained, reading Asmaul Husna is one of the monotheistic religions that must be practiced by Muslims to complement and practice their belief in Allah alone. Besides being able to strengthen our faith, reading Asmaul Husna also provides some wisdom and benefits, including the following:
- Reading and reciting Asmaul Husna in Islamic daily life to get closer to Allah SWT. This practice enables the servant to approach Allah. They do it every morning, and after Maghrib prayer, by depicting Asmaul Husna, accompanied by Dhikr for the Prophet.
- Opening the Door of Fortune. The closer the servant is to God, the easier it is to reach out and achieve worldly things such as problems of sustenance. The closer the servant is to God, the more worldly things are blessed by Allah SWT. It’s always easier and more convenient.
- As a bridge to heaven. Heaven is one of God’s promises to his servants who approach God and keep away from his prohibitions. All Muslims definitely want to go to heaven, so one way is to get closer to Allah SWT through several practices such as reading Asmaul Husna. Indirectly, if you understand well the meaning of Asmaul Husna, humans will always be submissive and always behave well. Paradise for those who always behave in the way of Allah SWT.
- Protected by Allah SWT. Servants who draw closer to Allah and multiply good deeds will be accompanied by Allah’s grace at every stage.
- Directed to the straight path by Allah SWT. This fifth benefit is a lesson that can be learned by believers by doing the slightest good deed, such as reading Asmaul Husna. As previously mentioned, understanding the meaning of Asmaul Husna can make a person behave well, because the names of Allah SWT show good qualities that humans can apply in their daily lives in behaving.
- Calms the mind and heart. Muslims who are close to Allah SWT and always try to avoid bad things and will be more relieved and calm in their hearts and minds. Understanding the good names of Allah SWT will bring positive thoughts so that our hearts also become calm. Memorizing Asmaul Husna makes us always remember Allah SWT.
Those are the six benefits that can be obtained from small and simple practices such as reading Asmaul Husna . Then it will be prevented for all the best, and with total badness between them. Shaykh shalih also gives an example of how to pray to achieve all these good things. The secret is to say Asmaul Husna like the apostle did. For example, when referring to the two Asmaul Husna, such as “Ya Rahman, Ya Rahim”, a person asks Allah for mercy and continues to pray as usual.
So, that’s a list of 99 Asmaul Husna along with their meanings and wisdom and benefits after we understand and memorize them. Really it will not be in vain and will always provide many benefits when we learn to understand and memorize Asmaul Husna and its meaning. To broaden sinaumedia’s knowledge about Asmaul Husna and its meaning, you can use sinaumedia’s book collection references, at www.sinaumedia.com or www.ebookssinaumedia.com, such as the following book recommendations about Asmaul Husna: Happy Learning. #Friends Without Limits
This book contains the nature and meanings contained in Asmaul Husna in full with explanations of the arguments and wisdom. readers will be invited to uncover secrets, as well as bring readers to understand step by step to get closer to Allah SWT. Sheikh Dr. Sa’id composed this book in 15 discussions, namely the good names of Allah SWT which are taufiq pillars of faith in Asmaul Husna, the meaning of Allah’s attributes, the understanding of Asmaul Husna, forms of denying the good names of Allah SWT. This book is also a reference for understanding Asmaul Husna and its meaning, starting from the mastery stage and its complete explanation.
Readers will get to know 99 Asmaul Husna, the most beautiful name of Allah SWT, the bilingual version in Arabic and English from this book. Asmaul Husna in Islam are the beautiful and good names of Allah. The term Asma which means name or mention and the term Husna which means good or beautiful provides many lessons for humans. This book shows readers about Asmaul Husna and its meaning in a complete and easy to understand manner.
Does Sinaumed’s have a baby? teaching Asmaul Husna to children as early as possible can make their Islamic knowledge better. sinaumedia has a large collection of Islamic inspirational story books, one of which is a story full of wisdom from the following meaning of Asmaul Husna. There are many lessons that we can take from the meaning of the good names of Allah SWT, including teaching children simply. This book presents exemplary stories from Asmaul Husna which are simple and easy for children to understand.
- List of 99 Asmaul Husna Accompanied by Arabic, Latin, and Their Meanings
- The Practice of Calming Prayers to Avoid Trouble and Sadness
- The Prayers of Prophet Sulaiman AS and His Wisdom
- Readings of Ayat Kursi and 12 of Its Virtue in Life
- Book of Shalawat, Prayer, & Dhikr Best Seller