sinaumedia Literacy – Being a country with the best education system in the world, South Korea is a destination for students from all over the world to continue their education, including students from Indonesia. To be able to study abroad, especially Korea, requires a lot of money and sometimes this is one of the factors that causes students to be reluctant to continue their studies abroad. So, for those of you who want to continue your studies in Korea, you don’t need to worry about the cost. Currently, there are many organizations, foundations, or governments that offer a number of scholarships to this country. The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) International Student Scholarship can be Sinaumed’s’ choice.
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is the best campus that has been named the 1st ranked campus by QS Rank 2019. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) excels in science and technology, was founded in 1971 and has the goal of developing science and technology. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) was also named the most innovative university in the Asia-Pacific region. One of the research projects that has stood out in recent years has been for researchers developing electric transportation systems, in which vehicles get power from cables under the road via non-contact magnetic charging.
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) itself is ranked in the top 100 in the ranking of universities in the world according to the QS Top Universities, or to be precise, ranked 40th. Providing a wide range of engineering and science subjects with a worldwide reputation. Every year, the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) has around 9,000 students who are members of the undergraduate (S1), graduate (S2, S3) and post-graduate programs. The main campus of the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is in the city of Daejeon. The location is not that difficult to reach, which is about 2 hours from Seoul, in the city of Daejeon itself there are many government research sites, so that Daejeon is often referred to as the Silicon Valley of Korea. This supports cooperation between the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) and the Korean government. There are also other campuses in Seoul for business schools, postgraduate finance, information management and media management.
Most lectures and research activities take place at the main Daejeon campus, which is also where most students live. There are a total of 29 dormitories on the outskirts of the Daedeok campus, segregated by gender, as well as apartments for married students off campus. Extracurricular activities are a priority at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), although there are also clubs and societies for students, and the university hosts regular arts events including opera, drama, pop concerts, dance and classical recitals. For those of you who are interested in taking this scholarship, here are some things you need to know about Sinaumed’s:
A BRIEF ABOUT THE KAIST SCHOLARSHIP
The language used in Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) classes is almost entirely English. However, of course Korean language lessons are highly recommended, bearing in mind that not many Korean people speak English in their daily lives. Specifically for the undergraduate program, the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) requires its students to have a level 2 TOPIK Korean language certification. Meanwhile, for postgraduate students, there are no special requirements but adjusted to the research location. In general, all students of the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) are sponsored by certain institutions, whether government, research institutions, or campuses. Previously to be accepted at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), students must pass several types of entrance tests starting from document selection, written tests for certain departments, and interviews. Then, the scholarship will be determined based on the test results. Here are some fun things to do at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) regarding the Sinaumed’s education system:
- There is no obligation for undergraduate students to do a Final Project or what we often call a thesis.
- Students at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) are given the freedom to do research or not at all. If you choose research, there will be several options, such as internships, final project research, or research on a particular topic; which allows students to adapt their choices to future plans.
- Students are also given the freedom to choose the desired courses each semester with only a few compulsory courses. The campus is also very supportive of student exchange programs for undergraduate students. This support is provided in the form of partnerships between schools around the world and financial assistance to interested students.
- For academic life, the lectures given are quite challenging and support a culture of high competition among students. The most notable difference is that students at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) are very focused on studies and are cultured as individual Sinaumed’s.
KAIST SCHOLARSHIP FINANCING
The following is the scope of funding provided by this scholarship. Please pay attention to every point from Sinaumed’s:
- Full tuition fee, or tuition waiver for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month or around 4.5 million per month
- National Health Insurance: This scholarship does not cover rent, food and travel expenses. You can find your own costs later or try to ask the local government of Sinaumed’s for help.
KAIST SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Here are some of the requirements you must meet to get the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) scholarship. Please pay attention to each point, Sinaumed’s:
- Are international applicants (including from Indonesia) and do not have dual citizenship with South Korea.
- The applicant’s parents are not part of the South Korean citizen.
- Previously never attended school (elementary/junior/high school) in South Korea.
- Have graduated from SMA/SMK/equivalent or will graduate in 2020.
- Meet the English language requirement with a recommended score for TOEFL iBT of at least 83 / TOEFL PBT min. 560 (old) or minimum 63 (new) / TOEFL CBT minimum 220 / IELTS minimum 6.5 / TOEIC Listening & Reading minimum 720.
- Even Semester, Candidates have graduated or will graduate from senior high school (SMA/SMK/MA) on 28 February 2020
- Odd Semester: Candidates have graduated or will graduate from senior secondary education (SMA/SMK/MA) by 31 August 2020
- To continue getting this scholarship, you are required to maintain a GPA above 2.7 (scale 4.3) after the first year
KAIST SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Here are some complete procedures for those of you who are interested in registering for this scholarship, edufrieds, please note that all the documents needed are softcopies, complete these document files in scanned form:
- Registration form
- Documents or recommendation letters from schools filled out by the teacher’s guardian or academic teacher.
- SMA/SMK profiles published by the Ministry of Education and Culture. The submitted profile can be a website that can be recognized by the committee.
- Scan of value transcripts for 3 years
- English language test results with recommended scores are: TOEFL iBT minimum 83 / TOEFL PBT minimum 560 (old) or minimum 63 (new) / TOEFL CBT minimum 220 / IELTS minimum 6.5 / TOEIC Listening & Reading minimum 720. Language test results English must be taken within the last two years
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of KTP (Resident Identity Card) and passport
- Statement of Financial Resources – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) Scholarship
- Statement of Financial Resources – Sponsorship
- Certificate of appreciation and achievement (optional)
All of the above documents must be scanned (softcopy) in A4 size beforehand. Ensure that documents issued by the school (grade transcripts, UAN scores, school profile) are legalized first by the school of origin. Documents that are still in Indonesian can be translated into English using the services of a Sinaumed’s translator.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING FOR THE KAIST SCHOLARSHIP
Simplify registration, make sure you have read the Registration Guide by clicking here . Please register online for international students at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) on the website, click here. Applicants will then be charged a student application fee of 80,000 KRW (Rp 1,000,000) payable via bank transfer or credit card (please note that the application fee is non-refundable and you cannot modify the application form after paying the application fee). Then upload the scanned results of the document files mentioned above on the online registration form. To be considered as a scholarship recipient, applicants must tick the words “KAIST scholarship” in the Statement of Financial Resources section. If you have difficulty registering online, you can also send registration files via post to the following address:
Undergraduate Admissions Team, Office of Admissions, KAIST
#102, Yang Boon Soon Bld. (E16-1)
291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea
Tel: (+82-42) 350-4803
After registering, you can check the registration status on the apply.kaist.ac.kr website, make sure whether the submitted documents are complete or not. Submit the complete application and documents by 5:00 pm (KST) before the application deadline. Please note that dates for Announcement of Applications are subject to change, and interviews are not always required for all applicants. You will be contacted via individual email if a Sinaumed’s interview is required.
OFFICIAL INFORMATION OF KAIST SCHOLARSHIPS
Here are some links or contacts that you can access to get official information from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) scholarship:
Email. [email protected]
Address. #102, E16-1, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea
OTHER BEST UNIVERSITTS OF KOREA THAT YOU CAN CHOOSE
Apart from the KAIST Scholarship, South Korea is increasingly showing a good welcome for foreign students who want to study there. This is evidenced by the quality of the campus which is getting better and no less prestigious than campuses in the United States and Japan. For those of you planning to study in South Korea, here are five of the best campuses you can choose from, Sinaumed’s:
SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Seoul National University (SNU) is a leading public university in Korea which was founded in 1946. More than 30 thousand international students study at this campus. The Seoul National University (SNU) campus itself consists of undergraduate, graduate, and professional school campuses. Seoul National University (SNU) provides this globally reputable education providing English-language lectures. Seoul National University (SNU) campus is one of the best campuses in Asia which is currently ranked 35th best in the world based on the QS World University Rankings. Its flagship programs include sports, chemical engineering, engineering and technology, social politics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, natural sciences, pharmacy and many more.
Korea University is a state campus under the auspices of the South Korean ministry of education. This campus was founded in 1905 and is one of the biggest and best universities in South Korea. Korea University itself consists of 81 departments, 15 colleges, and 75 research institutes. The total number of students currently studying at this campus reaches 30,000 people covering the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs of Sinaumed’s.
SUNGKYUNKWAN UNIVERSITY (SKKU)
The university, which was founded in 1398, has the motto “humanity, truth, decency and wisdom”. These four elements are the main virtues in humans that are carried from birth. The campus has played a role in everything from developing the Korean ninja alphabet to teaching Confucianism, the social philosophy underlying modern Korean society. The Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU) campus has 2 separate campuses: the humanities and social sciences campus in Central Seoul and the science campus in Suwon. There are approximately four schools offering degrees at the undergraduate level and twelve schools offering degrees at the master’s and doctoral levels.
Yonsei University is a private Christian campus located in Seoul. This campus is ranked 107th in the world and ranked 19th in Asia. The Yonsei campus is one of three prestigious campuses in South Korea after Seoul University and Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) University. The Yonsei campus has produced distinguished graduates in the fields of politics, law, physics, engineering, literature, academics and the arts. The campus, which was founded in 1885, has around 24,000 students and 3,500 of them are international students.
Hanyang University is a private university founded in 1939 in Seoul. The university also has branch campuses in Ansan. Accredited and recognized by the Ministry of Education of Korea, this university also accepts international students. But international students may need to take an entrance exam. In addition to undergraduate to doctoral degree programs, the university also offers distance learning, online programs and student exchange programs. Scholarships and financial aid are also available for international students.
sinaumedia developed an educational platform called Edutore. On this platform, you can access many question practice books like those in sinaumedia by subscribing. Edutore has a slogan “Everyone Can Be Smart” and that is also what Edutore aspires to be. So that Edutore can participate in educating Indonesian children. On the Edutore Youtube Channel, various topics are discussed, ranging from unique general knowledge such as “Why are the brake lights red”, learning English with Captain J, to studying with Edutore which contains discussions of questions such as synonyms, antonyms and other CPNS questions. Check the YouTube account directly, click here.
There are lots of benefits that you will get by continuing your studies at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), such as world-class research, learning from great lecturers, as well as valuable networks in the future. But get it, of course, through a difficult struggle and not for a moment. That’s all the info, I hope it’s useful Sinaumed’s!
Source: from various sources