sinaumedia Literacy – The spread of the corona virus throughout the world has made many affected countries decide to lock down, in Indonesia itself. This regulation then requires people to do activities from home, including working and studying from home. Minister of Education and Culture Nadiem Makarim explained that a number of areas closed schools due to fears of the spread of the COVID-19 corona virus. Therefore the Minister of Education and Culture is working with various parties for online learning. Here are some tips you can do to stay productive even though you have to go to school from home. Check these out!
Start preparing yourself to study from home, create a consistent pattern from waking up to study time, immediately create a list of activities that you must do every day with these steps, Sinaumed’s:
- Make a To-Do List: Make it a habit to start compiling a list of what needs to be done the next day. Compile a to-do list the night before. Make this easier with reminder applications that are widely available on smartphones. This application will then help remind you of what you have to do every day.
- Priority Scale: After the list of what needs to be done, start determining which is the top priority and which can be put aside for a while by Sinaumed’s. Mark which should be done first. After that, prioritize the list, avoid delaying work on things that are not necessary.
- Create Your Deadline: Create a deadline for every task you have to work on, and always give yourself a break before doing other Sinaumed’s tasks. This deadline will make you more responsible. Stick to the deadlines that have been set. Ignoring deadlines will only make the learning process ineffective and ineffective in Sinaumed’s.
- Avoid mutasking, because at home, sometimes we also have to help our parents. But make sure all of these activities have been completed before entering your study time so that the mind is more focused and can complete all assignments properly. Because you know when you do many things simultaneously, even though the task is completed, the results will not be optimal. When someone is multitasking, the brain will work much harder than usual. Fatigue in the brain will make the body tired quickly and easily stressed. In addition, the ability to store memory, especially short term memory, will also decrease, so leave everything that has the potential to cause distractions, put away smartphones and game consoles for a while, don’t be lured into unnecessary browsing while studying Sinaumed’s.
- Every time you finish a job, give your body and brain a chance to rest. Enough 10-15 minutes. Use this time to simply stretch your stiff body muscles or get some fresh air in the park. Forcing you to go straight to the next lesson will only make your study time less than optimal. Refresh your mind and body in natural ways like taking a walk around the room
CREATE A COMFORTABLE LEARNING SPACE
Create the most comfortable study room for you, if the room is lacking, find the best corner in the house, and turn it into a study room, decorate the area as creatively as possible to add to your enthusiasm. Besides that, also prepare the equipment needed, such as a laptop or PC, mouse, keyboard, headset, and webcam. Here are some tips for creating a conducive study space at home:
- Keep the study room away from the television room, washing area or other areas that have the potential to generate noise. The goal is to keep your focus. In addition, avoid completing the study room with television, video games, or your favorite toys to keep Sinaumed’s away from distraction.
- Choose a study table according to your needs, if you feel comfortable studying in bed, just use a folding table. For those of you who don’t like studying in bed, prepare a comfortable study table so that the learning process becomes more focused.
- Also pay attention to room lighting, use white light with sufficient brightness levels. White light will be more comfortable for the eyes when looking at pictures, writing, or reading. White light also helps the eyes not have to work too hard when on the move.
- Besides that the brain needs oxygen intake, avoid temperatures that are too cold or hot. Make sure the room has good air ventilation. If good air circulation, the body and brain can work properly. Conversely, uncomfortable temperatures and air can make it difficult for you to think and concentrate, Sinaumed’s.
- Lastly, make sure the room and learning tools are always clean, because the Corona virus can be transmitted through body fluids such as sweat. We recommend that you spray disinfectant before using and always wash your hands after each use.
PREPARE VIDEO CONFERENCE SOFTWARE
Learning with the application will be a pleasant experience. Apart from equipment, prepare video conferencing software such as ZOOM, Google Hangouts, and so on. Make sure the software works properly. Adequate lighting is also important so that the resulting video conference image resolution is better. Here are some video conferencing software that you can use for school from home:
- Zoom Cloud: This application offers a new video conferencing experience, which can involve up to 100 participants in it. Before conducting or entering an online learning forum, you are required to sign-in or create an account on the Zoom Cloud application. After that, you must enter a meeting ID to connect yourself to online meeting access.
- Google Hangouts: Available on computer applications, websites, Android, and iOS, this platform is quite effective for online learning. Hangouts, which is integrated with Google+ and Gmail, greatly facilitates the mobility of your data.
- Skype: This chat and online meeting application can be well integrated via a computer or mobile version. Select the New Video Call menu and specify friends who are online to open a conversation session, select Add People to add members, which can be up to 8 people per Sinaumed’s session.
Apart from the software above, another technology that you can use belongs to the Ministry of Education and Culture (Kemendikbud), they have prepared a free online learning application, namely the Learning House on the kemendikbud.go.id page. This application can be used by all students in Indonesia, starting from Elementary School (SD) to Sinaumed’s High School (SMA).
PREPARE YOUR FAVORITE SNACK
So that you don’t get sleepy quickly, it turns out that chewing snacks can be the solution, because it will keep you focused, Sinaumed’s. Consume nutritious snacks to maintain body stamina so that you are not susceptible to viruses. The following healthy snacks are suggested to maintain your immune system and increase your immune levels, Sinaumed’s:
- Yogurt: The mineral and nutrient content in it also helps increase the production of T cells, one of the white blood cells in the body which is responsible for fighting disease, strengthens the immune system and helps fight infections and bacteria. Yogurt also contains B complex vitamins, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, selenium and zinc.
- Papaya: This fruit has many important benefits for the body, starting from vitamin A, vitamin B1, B3, B5, vitamin E, vitamin K, lycopene, fiber, calcium, potassium, folate, and magnesium. Vitamins A, C, and E in papaya can help strengthen the immune system and prevent you from infectious diseases, such as colds and flu.
- Kiwi, a fruit that is often used as juice or fruit salad. Besides its sweet taste, kiwi is very good for maintaining a healthy body and preventing various diseases. Kiwifruit is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, potassium, amino acids, folate and calcium. In addition, this fruit also contains lots of antioxidants and a source of fiber. Vitamin C in it is one of the important elements in increasing the body’s resistance to fight disease.
- Dark Chocolate: A food made from the cacao plant. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants called flavonoids. Compared to other types of chocolate, dark chocolate has the highest amount of flavanols. Dark chocolate and theobromine type antioxidants in it which can increase endurance. Another benefit of dark chocolate is its ability to improve brain function. Additionally, cocoa contains stimulants such as caffeine and theobromine, which may be the main reason why dark chocolate can improve brain function in the short term.
- Boiled Sweet Potatoes: Contains beta-carotene or vegetable compounds that can be converted into vitamin A by the body. Vitamin A is important in maintaining the immune system, blood levels, and the mucous membranes in the intestinal lining.
- Kuaci: Contains complete nutrition, such as protein, carbohydrates, vitamins A, C, E, magnesium, calcium, iron, and various other good nutrients. Kuaci can also improve mood.
- Almonds: Journal of Science of Food and Agriculture in 2006 revealed almonds are a type of nut that is rich in vitamin E. In addition, almonds are also packed with healthy fats that are beneficial in maintaining heart health. To keep your immune system awake, it’s a good idea to consume 46 peeled almonds to meet 100 percent of your daily vitamin E intake.
MAKE TIME FOR ENTERTAINMENT
Give it time to rest for a while between studying online, you can use this time to play online games, watch movies for a while or do things that you like. However, set a definite time, and be disciplined with it. Don’t let yourself be lazy to study because of the fun of playing Sinaumed’s. Besides that, take advantage of the weekend for a variety of exciting activities that you have never tried before:
- Cooking Your Favorite Snacks: Don’t be afraid to try something out of the ordinary. Maybe you are not used to making your own cakes and snacks at home, but this activity will be fun when other activities feel boring. Start choosing and determining what cake or snack to make later, find various recipes and tips on the internet. Prepare the ingredients and take advantage of the weekend to cook it.
- Camping in the Homeyard: this activity will be fun to do with the family. Put up a tent in the backyard or garden area of your house, also make a campfire and a place to barbecue there, then enjoy time together by preparing a barbecue party-style dinner.
- Rearranging Room: Room feel boring and hasn’t changed in a while? Try looking for inspiration for the room decor you want on Pinterest, and change the paint color, curtains, and some of the decorations in Sinaumed’s’ room. For paint, it’s better to use colors like blues, green and gray to create a cool oasis, because these colors have a calming effect and give positive energy to your bedroom, Sinaumed’s, another thing that is just as important to make you sleep better. Add a table and floor lamp in the bedroom and place a small plant next to the bed to help clean the air and make you breathe better Sinaumed’s.
- Gardening: Even if there is green land at home, it is rarely maximized for various reasons, from no time, fear of insects, no talent for gardening, or do not like dirty hands. Even though you know that by taking care of even the smallest garden at home, you can improve your quality of life, you know, Sinaumed’s. Gardening is not only good for the physical, which is equivalent to running on a treadmill at 5 km/hour, but also for brain health. Research in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, says that gardening can protect cognitive health, increase brain volume, and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s by 50 percent.
- Reading Books: For those of you who don’t really like reading, try reading starting from the genres that you like. Because reading apart from being a positive hobby in filling your free time also has many benefits for intelligence, starting from getting a lot of inspiration which will make you more productive, reading will also make your mind more open because you absorb information not only from one perspective.
- Writing: The more you read, the more you write, because a lot of inspiration can be obtained from the pages of a Sinaumed’s book. Writing in addition to freeing your imagination, is also very beneficial for health because it can help restore emotions, and make the mind and body better. According to a journal Advance in Psychiatric Treatment, the benefits of writing are not only experienced in the short term, but also in the long term. Expressive writing has been linked to improved mood, reduced stress levels and depressive symptoms, as well as physical benefits such as reduced blood pressure, and improved lung and liver function. From now on, try to make it a habit to write down what you are grateful for today, this simple thing turns out to make you have better quality sleep.
Those are the Tips, the smarter you manage your time, the more tasks you will get done well. Apply the above strategies during this self-quarantine and social distancing period so that the learning process from your home continues well and doesn’t feel boring. Cheers Sinaumed’s!
sinaumedia developed an educational platform called Edutore. On this platform, you can access many question practice books like those in sinaumedia by subscribing. Edutore has a slogan “Everyone Can Be Smart” and that is also what Edutore aspires to be. So that Edutore can participate in educating Indonesian children. On the Edutore Youtube Channel, various topics are discussed, ranging from unique general knowledge such as “Why are the brake lights red”, learning English with Captain J, to studying with Edutore which contains discussions of questions such as CPNS synonyms, antonyms, and others. Check the YouTube account directly, click here.
Source: from various sources